Following the latest announcement from System 1 and the FIA, Pirelli have added some additional element on tyre allocation for Dash Qualifying.
For the three grand prix weekends that may even host a Dash Qualifying this yr (a 100-kilometre race that can happen on Saturday) the tyre allocation might be as follows:
• A complete of 12 units of P Zero slick tyres per driver (as a substitute of the same old 13 for the opposite grands prix) comprised of:
• Six P Zero Crimson gentle tyres
• 4 P Zero Yellow medium tyres
• Two P Zero White laborious tyres
• 4 units of Cinturato Inexperienced intermediates and three units of Cinturato Blue full wets – as is the case at each race. Nevertheless, every driver might be allowed an additional set of Cinturato Inexperienced intermediates if Free Observe 1, Free Observe 2, or Qualifying is held in moist circumstances. An extra set of Cinturato Inexperienced intermediates can also be out there if the Dash Qualifying (on Saturday) is run within the moist.
The precise guidelines about how the tyres might be used over the weekend are nonetheless being outlined, so there could possibly be some additional adjustments:
• Free observe: In Free Observe 1, going down for 60 minutes on Friday, every driver should use two units of tyres (of any compound) and hand again one set to Pirelli on the finish of the session. In Free Observe 2, going down for 60 minutes on Saturday, every driver can use as many units of tyres as they like inside their allocation.
• Qualifying: Solely the P Zero Crimson gentle tyre can be utilized, as much as a most of 5 units. Of those, one can solely be utilized in Q3 (if a driver will get by means of). Not one of the drivers might be obliged to start out Sunday’s grand prix on the tyre with which they set their finest time in Q2. As a substitute, they’ve a free alternative.
• Dash Qualifying: Every driver has a free alternative of tyres. On the finish of the Dash Qualifying, they’ll return the set that has accomplished essentially the most laps. In contrast to the grand prix on Sunday, there is no such thing as a compulsory pit cease in the course of the Dash Qualifying. If it takes place in moist circumstances, every driver should hand again a set of Cinturato Blue moist or Cinturato Inexperienced intermediate tyres after the race. Pirelli will exchange these with an additional set of Cinturato Inexperienced intermediates.
• Grand Prix: After beginning the race on whichever tyres they like – without having to make use of the tyre that set the most effective time in Q2 – every driver can run their most well-liked technique, however the rule obliging them to make use of a minimal of two compounds and make not less than one pit cease stays in place. The rule that every driver should preserve again two obligatory units nominated by Pirelli for the race additionally nonetheless applies.