Featherweight titleholder Emanuel Navarrete and challenger Christopher Diaz on Friday made weight for his or her combat Saturday in Kissimmee, Fla. (ESPN, ESPN+).
Navarrete got here in on the 126-pound restrict; Diaz weighed 125.8.
Navarrete (32-1, 27 KOs) is coming off an in depth resolution over beforehand unbeaten Ruben Villa to win the vacant WBO title final October, making him a two-division champion. Diaz (26-2, 16 KOs) is coming off a unanimous-decision victory over Jason Sanchez final June.
Additionally on the cardboard, tremendous middleweight prospect Edgar Berlanga, going through Demond Nicholson, might be looking for his 17th first-round knockout in as many fights.
Berlanga and Nicholson (23-3-1, 20 KOs) weighed 168.4 and 168.2, respectively, for his or her scheduled eight-round combat.
The Navarette-Diaz and Berlanga-Nicholson fights might be televised on ESPN and streamed on ESPN+ starting at 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT.
Listed below are weights for the opposite fights on the cardboard, which might be streamed solely on ESPN+:
- Josue Vargas (141.4) vs. Willie Shaw (139.8), junior welterweights
- Joseph Adorno (135.2) vs. Jamaine Ortiz (136.2), lightweights
- Orlando Gonzalez (127.6) vs. Juan Antonio Lopez (128.4), featherweights
- Xander Zayas (146.4) vs. Demarcus Layton (146.2), welterweights
- Jeremy Adorno (122) vs. Ramiro Martinez 122), junior featherweights
- Jaycob Gomez (129) vs. Mobley Villegas (129.4), junior lightweights