The World Skilled Billiards and Snooker Affiliation (WPBSA) is delighted to announce the formation of its new Worldwide Skilled Teaching Advisory Panel, which held its first assembly earlier this week.
To be led by WPBSA Head of Teaching and Coaching Improvement Chris Lovell, the preliminary panel additionally consists of Wayne Griffiths, Head Coach of the Hong Kong Sports activities Institute for over a decade, and European Billiards and Snooker Affiliation Head Coach PJ Nolan. Each Wayne and PJ are extremely skilled and revered WPBSA Snooker Coaches with expertise of teaching internationally.
The membership of the Panel will proceed to evolve with the appointment of additional certified coaches from world wide, who will endeavour to assist the ethics and imaginative and prescient of the group to underpin the expansion of the game.
The strategic imaginative and prescient of the panel consists of to:
- Promote a collaborative strategy for teaching utilizing the WPBSA’s Teaching Partnership Scheme and highlighting the WPBSA Teaching Programme.
- Promote the chance for each official nationwide federation on the planet to have the chance to affix the WPBSA’s on-line accredited teaching course scheme which incorporates the Safeguarding and Defending Youngsters course licensed by UK Teaching and the NSPCC –
- The place needed, to debate and examine all technical points of the game with view to updating technical points according to their confirmed success and the sports activities necessities.
- Assist the event of a unified accredited Steady Improvement Programme (CPD) for snooker coaches worldwide linked to the WPBSA’s Coach Locator.
- To behave as a sounding board for the WPBSA on all teaching associated points and plans
Chris Lovell mentioned: “As snooker continues to develop world wide – even within the present worldwide difficult circumstances – teaching stays elementary to any progressive and profitable sport.
“This new Panel will assist us to convey collectively a few of the world’s main figures in snooker teaching and the visionary experience they possess will allow snooker teaching to be on the forefront of the expansion of our sport.”
Be taught extra in regards to the WPBSA Teaching Programme.