JOSEPH PARKER AND DEREK CHISORA WILL BE FIGHTING FOR A PLACE IN THE HEAVYWEIGHT HIERARCHY ON SATURDAY NIGHT IN MANCHESTER, ENGLAND.
JOSEPH PARKER (28-2, 21 KOs)
VS. DEREK CHISORA (32-10, 23 KOs)
- Date: Saturday, Could 1
- Time: 2 p.m. ET / 11 a.m. PT (predominant occasion later in present)
- The place: Manchester, England
- TV/Stream: DAZN
- Price: DAZN: $19.99 monthly or $99 yearly
- Division: Heavyweight
- At stake: No titles
- Pound-for-pound rating: None
- Odds: Parker 1½-1 favourite
- Additionally on the cardboard: Katie Taylor vs. Natasha Jonas, lightweights (for Taylor’s IBF, WBA, WBC and WBO titles); Dmitry Bivol vs. Craig Richards, gentle heavyweights (for Bivol’s WBA gentle title); James Tennyson vs. Jovanni Straffon, lightweights; Chris Eubank Jr. vs. Marcus Morrison, middleweights
- Prediction: Joseph Parker UD
- Background: Parker, ranked by three of the 4 main sanctioning our bodies, has received 4 consecutive fights since shedding back-to-back selections in opposition to Anthony Joshua (which value him his WBO belt) and Dillian Whyte in 2018. The Kiwi was final within the ring this previous February, when he outpointed countryman Junior Fa in Auckland. He hopes to place himself for an additional shot at a title. Chisora, a 37-year-old former title challenger, is coming off a decent efficiency in a shedding trigger in opposition to Oleksandr Usyk this previous October. Chisora misplaced a unanimous resolution however was match and aggressive. Nonetheless, a second consecutive setback might sprint any hopes he has of climbing again into critical title rivalry.