Rob Font suggests ‘best-case scenario’ interim title fight against Petr Yan next | FightBook MMA


Off the again of arguably probably the most high-profile victory of his UFC run, the #3 ranked bantamweight contender, Rob Font has laid out his best-case situation for his subsequent Octagon look; an interim title tilt towards former undisputed gold holder, Petr Yan.

The New England Cartel mainstay failed to maneuver larger than his #3 perch at 135lbs, however with the victory over former gold holder, Garbrandt — he solidified his standing throughout the division’s upper-echelon and primed himself for a possible title-eliminator subsequent forward of the July twenty fourth. UFC Battle Evening primary occasion between the #2 rated, Cory Sandhagen, and the returning former two-time titleholder, T.J. Dillashaw. 

Planning on a moderately fast turnaround to stay energetic following his win over Garbrandt, Font urged an interim title showdown towards Dudinka striker, Yan subsequent, because the best-case situation for him. Present champion, Aljamain Sterling continues to be recovering from a surgical process, which is predicted to sideline him till the latter quarter of the yr — delaying an instantaneous rematch with Yan.

Greatest-case situation?” Font stated throughout a latest interview with MMA Combating. “They (the UFC) give me Petr Yan proper now and we get it going. Perhaps do it for an interim belt, however I doubt that occurs. We’ll see what’s up, however give me Petr Yan. He’s the one one out there, the followers wish to see thrilling fights and I do know that’s an thrilling struggle after which I’ll handle the belt for him. Simply sit again, don’t fear concerning the belt, I’ll take it for him.

If the promotion elect towards scoring Yan a return as a substitute of an instantaneous title rematch towards Sterling, Font has no qualms about going through both the victor or falterer from the aforenoted pairing of Sandhagen and Dillashaw.

Or, the loser, winner, whoever, of the (Cory) Sandhagen – T.J. Dillashaw struggle,” Font stated. “I undoubtedly don’t wish to wait that lengthy, although. However you by no means know what occurs if somebody will get harm, injured, that’s one other ready listing I might doubtlessly be on. Realistically, I do know I don’t wish to struggle backwards (sic). I’ll be affected person. I’ve sat (out) a yr and I do know what that looks like. There’s no have to struggle anybody that’s behind me proper now.

With the unanimous resolution shutout over Garbrandt, Font prolonged his successful spree to 4 fights, following a high-profile December knockout win over former bantamweight title chaser, Marlon Moraes, and a pair of unanimous resolution wins over Ricky Simon, and present Bellator MMA bantamweight titleholder, Sergio Pettis. 


#mma #combatsportsnews #BRAVECF #ufc #muaythai #boxing #kickboxing #prowrestling #bareknucklefighting


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *