DANIEL DUBOIS RETURNS TO THE RING AGAINST BOGDAN DINU ON SATURDAY IN TELFORD, ENGLAND, HIS FIRST FIGHT SINCE HE WAS STOPPED BY JOE JOYCE IN NOVEMBER.
DANIEL DUBOIS (15-1, 14 KOs)
vs. BOGDAN DINU (20-2, 16 KOs)
- Date: Saturday, June 5
- Time: 2 p.m. ET / 11 a.m. PT / 7 p.m. in U.Ok. (essential occasion later in present)
- The place: Telford Worldwide Centre, Telford, England
- TV/Stream: Fite TV PPV in U.S., BT Sport in U.Ok.
- Value: $12.99 for PPV
- Division: Heavyweights
- At stake: No titles
- Pound-for-pound rating: None
- Odds: Dubois 17-1 favourite
- Additionally on the cardboard: Archie Sharp vs. Marcio Soza, junior lightweights; Nathan Heaney vs. Iliyan Markov, middleweights
- Prediction: Dubois KO 6
Background: Dubois, the extremely touted heavyweight prospect, begins the rebuilding course of after his 10th-round knockout loss to Joe Joyce this previous November. The 23-year-old Londoner was combating Joyce on even phrases when he retired due to a left eye-socket damage, which turned out to be an orbital fracture. Dubois is totally healed and hungry to get again within the win column, which is perhaps unhealthy information for Dinu. The 34-year-old Romanian has had success in opposition to second-tier opposition however he was stopped in opposition to elite foes Jarrell Miller (KO 4) and Kubrat Pulev (KO 7) in 2018 and 2019. He knocked out journeymen Osborn Machimana and Frank Bluemle since that setback, the latter battle having taken place this previous October. Dinu matches Dubois in measurement – they’re each 6-foot-5, 240-something – however not in potential. The Englishman figures to make a robust assertion.