Who’s Courtney Lawes: Ten issues it’s best to know concerning the England lock
Courtney Lawes has been a global tour de pressure for greater than a decade. The epitome of the fashionable lock/blindside hybrid, he’s finest recognized for his shuddering physicality and devotion to membership aspect Northampton Saints.
Listed below are ten extra details concerning the England ahead.
Ten issues it’s best to learn about Courtney Lawes
1. Courtney Lawes was born on 23 February 1989 in Hackney, London, however grew up within the Northampton space.
2. Lawes started to play rugby when he was 13 at Northampton Faculty for Boys, the identical college which produced ex-England hooker Steve Thompson. His membership aspect was Northampton Previous Scouts.
3. His dad, Linford, is from Jamaica. With a background in soccer and cricket, Courtney remembers Linford saying that rugby was a bit tough for teenagers.
4. After coming by the Northampton Saints Academy, he made his membership debut in 2007 towards Esher within the Championship – then referred to as Nationwide League One. He’s gained the Problem Cup, LV= Cup and Premiership with Saints.
5. An England debut got here within the autumn of 2009. Australia triumphed 18-9 at Twickenham due to tries from Will Genia and Adam Ashley-Cooper.
6. He has featured for England in ten successive Six Nations campaigns.
7. Lawes didn’t obtain an e mail checking his availability for the British & Irish Lions 2021 tour as a result of it was despatched to an previous e mail deal with.
8. He’s undefeated as a Take a look at Lion, taking part in within the second-Take a look at win and third-Take a look at draw towards New Zealand in 2017.
9. At 6ft 7in and 18st, he’s the joint-tallest participant within the British & Irish Lions squad, alongside Exeter second-row Jonny Hill.
10. Lawes and spouse Jessica have 4 kids – Nell, Teddy, and twin boys Otto and Hugo.
Can’t get to the retailers? You’ll be able to obtain the digital version of Rugby World straight to your pill or subscribe to the print version to get the journal delivered to your door.
Comply with Rugby World on Fb, Instagram and Twitter.