June 13, 2021
WAR end sixth
Defending 2020 GSPSS Beech Ridge winner, Wyatt Alexander is without doubt one of the prime groups on the Ridge this season. The workforce was one of many picks for a repeat win. Not this time.
Kyle Souza, Souza Media described the race saying, ” After 150 laps of robust racing across the flat Maine oval, native monitor regulars proved to be the dominant power. David Oliver handed native favourite Joe Pastore with lower than 40 laps to go and drove away to his first profession Granite State Professional Inventory Sequence victory. Pastore crossed the road 1.428 seconds again within the runner-up spot, whereas Rusty Poland, one other native favourite, was third. Garrett Corridor was fourth and Bobby Webber Racing driver Bryan Kruczek fifth.
Driver Wyatt Alexander famous, ” Not our greatest evening, not our worst evening. We had a shock concern creep up on us after the warmth race so we needed to change some stuff round which by no means is good within the warmth of the second however that’s simply a part of it typically.”
“Felt the automobile was nonetheless 100% to start out the race however simply by no means actually had the velocity / dealing with to stand up there and contend. Saved the highest 5 in eye shot all evening however that was about it. Observe place was actually an element as soon as once more. Completed sixth and that’s in all probability proper about the place we deserved to be speed-wise. Once more, not an incredible evening however not a horrible evening all issues thought of.”
Sting Ray Robb double tenth place finishes in Indy Lights at Detroit
Sting Ray described Saturday’s race one of many Indy Lights Doubleheader held along side INDYCAR weekend on the Belle Isle avenue circuit.
“Tough race day right here at Detroit (no-pun supposed regardless that this monitor is extraordinarily tough & bumpy it’s nonetheless a enjoyable avenue course).
Qualifying: Acquired caught out by a pink flag having simply placed on new tires and didn’t get the laps we wanted.
Race 1: Began ninth, fell again on the beginning however recovered and in a great combating place. Whereas battling for sixth, one other driver put us within the wall. Irritating to say the least.
PTL for security via all of it. And shout out to the Lear Company for his or her hospitality & fan interplay alternative at this time. On to tomorrow!
Sting Ray Robb race workforce members together with Juncos Racing. (SR2 picture)
After race 2 of the weekend doubleheader Robb mirrored on the race, “The Detroit GP race via the streets of Belle Isle has come to an in depth. Race two I had an incredible run going from the eleventh place begin and was working in sixth place when a yellow flag got here out with 3 laps left within the race. We proceeded 2 extra laps below warning after which acquired the inexperienced flag with 1 lap to go.”
“Sadly, at that restart, I ended up too excessive off the race line within the marbles (which accurately felt like driving on ice) the place I needed to battle to maintain the automobile off the wall. Within the meantime, a number of vehicles freight educated previous me on the within line.”
“Not the end we had been gunning for however pleased with the progress made this weekend.
Massive shout out to the Juncos crew for giving me a automobile that was capable of battle via the sector. Spent the remainder of the afternoon on the Lear Company Chalet. I can’t thank them sufficient for his or her hospitality and help all through this weekend! And as at all times, grateful for God’s hand of security and the teachings discovered each race. Though a few of these classes are robust, I do know He’s shaping & rising me to be all that I will be.
On to the Highway America GP subsequent weekend!”
SRX at Stafford Springs Motor Speedway debut a hit
The Stafford Springs workforce of drivers pre-race as SRX makes its debut. (Jeff Gluck picture)
I hope you had alternative to view the made-for-television debut of the Celebrity Racing Expertise (SRX) at Stafford Springs. Hardly ever do you get an opportunity to see brief monitor racing on a serious tv community primetime.
My attaboys listing contains:
1) Equal vehicles. My gripe with most racing is that the massive greenback groups at all times win. I do know that that’s not a 100% true assertion, nevertheless, I think you already know what I imply. The IROC nature of the SRX vehicles on a brief monitor was refreshing to me.
2) The Venue. I’ve solely been to Stafford Springs as soon as in 1972. I’m hardly certified to state what racing is like on the Connecticut monitor. This race offered a glimpse on the high quality of facility loved by weekly sequence drivers and followers. I feel a go to to Stafford Springs is so as.
3) Native grassroots racer wins. Doug Coby has turned 1000’s of laps on the 1/2-mile monitor. He has received and misplaced in all probability in additional methods than one may think about. The 41-year-old six-time NASCAR Whelen Modified Champion was articulate and well-spoken within the post-race interview. He talked about a number of the others who will tackle the common SRX drivers in future races. Even his fall on his bottom exiting the automobile was elegant!
4) Enthusiastic crowd! Coby! Coby! Coby! the gang chanted as the primary SRX winner emerged from his automobile after the race. I heard the monitor announcer stored the packed home on the sting of their seats all night. Exhibits the worth of an incredible announcer. I heard the race was a sell-out and scalpers could have been current hawking tickets. When was the final time you’ve been to a brief monitor race the place that occurred?
The rostrum finishers for race one of many six race SRX sequence left to proper second place Greg Biffle, winner Doug Coby, Tony Stewart third and Miss SRX. Word the winner’s trophy constructed by Maine native Tom Patsis, Chilly Laborious Artwork. (SRX picture)
Room for enchancment listing:
1) Get a brief monitor analyst to work with Alan Bestwick. Danica Patrick was not on par with the remainder of the printed workforce. She is normally okay as an announcer simply not this sequence. Possibly it’s her lack of brief monitor expertise. Sadly, I don’t have a right away suggestion. Possibly Ricky Craven???
2) Is it attainable to make the automobile/driver extra recognizable. I knew Tony Stewart was within the orange automobile, nevertheless, the others had been harder to determine. Possibly LED identification like IMSA or greater identify panels on vehicles.
3) How about three 15 lap warmth races with penalties for poor finishes. Fifteen-minute races appeared lengthy.
The SRX crew has acquired their work minimize out for them with 5 races in 5 weeks with sixteen race vehicles to take care of. It is sort of a touring circus for them. They signed up for it and I think will want a well-deserved relaxation when that is finished.
Let’s go racing!
Soli Deo Gloria (Matthew 5:16)