Two fighters on the Boxing Junkie pound-for-pound checklist are energetic this weekend. And a lot of the relaxation have scheduled or tentative fights set within the subsequent few months.
On Saturday, No. 3 Naoya Inoue defends his bantamweight titles in opposition to Michael Dasmarinas in Las Vegas. And Jermall Charlo, an Honorable Point out on the checklist, will put his middleweight belt on the road in opposition to Juan Macias Montiel in Houston.
No. 6 Teofimo Lopez had been set to defend his undisputed light-weight championship in opposition to George Kambosos on Saturday however Lopez examined optimistic for COVID-19 and needed to pull out. The combat was pushed again to Aug. 14.
Inoue and Charlo are vital favorites to win their fights, that means the pound-for-pound checklist is unlikely to vary this weekend.
Nonetheless, which may not be the case in coming fights involving pound-for-pounders. Many consider No. 15 Manny Pacquiao has an actual shot at upsetting No. 4 Errol Spence Jr. on Aug. 21. Brian Castano is a stay underdog in opposition to No. 12 Jermell Charlo on July 17. And a few assume Kambosos may be aggressive in opposition to Lopez.
Right here is the place the pound-for-pounders stand.
- Terence Crawford — No combat scheduled.
- Canelo Alvarez – Anticipated to combat Caleb Plant to unify all 4 main 168-pound titles in September however no deal is in place.
- Naoya Inoue — Scheduled to defend his bantamweight titles in opposition to Michael Dasmarinas on June 19 in Las Vegas.
- Errol Spence Jr. – Scheduled to face No. 15 Manny Pacquiao in a welterweight title-unification bout on Aug. 21 in Las Vegas.
- Oleksandr Usyok – Tentatively scheduled to problem heavyweight titleholder Anthony Joshua on Sept. 25 in London.
- Teofimo Lopez — Scheduled to defend his 135-pound titles in opposition to George Kambosos Jr. on Aug. 14.
- Vasiliy Lomachenko — Scheduled to combat Masayoshi Nakatani on June 26 in Las Vegas.
- Tyson Fury – Scheduled to defend his heavyweight title in opposition to Deontay Wilder on July 24 in Las Vegas.
- Juan Francisco Estrada — The WBC introduced that Estrada will meet Roman Gonzalez in a 3rd combat as a part of a junior bantamweight match however nothing is official.
- Gennadiy Golovkin — Tentatively scheduled to face Ryota Murata in a middleweight title-unification combat on Dec. 28 in Tokyo.
- Mikey Garcia — No combat scheduled.
- Jermell Charlo — Scheduled to face Brian Castano in a 154-pound title-unification combat on July 17.
- Josh Taylor — Anticipated to face necessary challenger Jack Catterall in his subsequent combat however no deal is in place.
- Artur Beterbiev — No combat scheduled.
- Manny Pacquiao — Scheduled to face No. 4 Errol Spence Jr. in a welterweight title-unification bout on Aug. 21.
Honorable point out (alphabetical order): Mairis Briedis (no combat scheduled), Jermall Charlo (scheduled to face Juan Montiel on June 19), Gervonta Davis (scheduled to face Mario Barrios on June 26), Srisaket Sor Rungvisai (the WBC introduced that Sor Rungvisai will meet Carlos Cuadras as a part of a junior bantamweight match however nothing is official), and Oscar Valdez (anticipated to defend his junior light-weight title in opposition to Robson Conceicao in late summer season or fall however nothing is official).