The English Partnership for Snooker and Billiards (EPSB) is at present excited to announce the launch of a brand new League Registration Programme that has been created to supply an important hyperlink between snooker leagues and the game’s nationwide governing physique.
Considered the primary of its form in England, the programme will deliver the EPSB nearer to the a whole bunch of lively leagues throughout the nation and set up a connection to the 1000’s of novice and leisure gamers that prove to characterize their native venues.
The programme can even set up a ‘leagues community group’ and dealing partnerships which can be helpful for all events, in addition to new EPSB league competitions staged that may in the end see new nationwide league and group champions topped.
With registration priced at simply £9.99 per yr, leagues will be capable to entry the next unique advantages:
- Information and Steering: Leagues will take pleasure in being straight linked with snooker’s nationwide governing physique which might present recommendation and entry to initiatives and coaching programs.
- Profile and Publicity: League promotion by means of EPSB social media channels and a devoted part on its web site. Leagues can even be invited to ship in information tales to be featured in a brand new weekly e-newsletter.
- EPSB League Competitions: Solely registered leagues can have the chance to appoint gamers to compete in two new nationwide EPSB competitions to happen later this season.
- Becoming a member of a group: Be a part of a nationwide group and to attach with different member leagues in an open discussion board Fb group.
- EPSB League Referee Course Low cost: Direct entry to our new league referee qualification at a reduced charge (additional info to comply with).
To start the registration course of, please go to our devoted web page and full the fast and straightforward kind.
Highfield Backs New Programme
One of many lead coordinators for the brand new league scheme might be Andrew Highfield, who for a few years has been a key member of the WPBSA Teaching Supply Crew and can be the President for the Staffordshire and West Midlands Billiards and Snooker Affiliation – one of many largest leagues within the nation.
Nicely-connected and revered amongst gamers and officers alike, Highfield will play an enormous ambassadorial function within the launch and improvement of the brand new programmes:
“I began enjoying in my native league once I was 13-years-old and have now been on the committee for the final 21 years. I’m excited and it’s a pleasure to be concerned with the brand new leagues programme – I feel it’ll assist kickstart us all returning to motion after the lockdowns and hopefully reinvigorate the general grassroots and league scene,” mentioned Highfield, who has additionally been a certified coach since 1998.
“I feel the package deal that has been put collectively is de facto good and it’ll hyperlink in with golf equipment and hopefully get extra juniors enjoying. With the brand new nationwide league competitions arising it might give youthful – and all league – gamers the motivation to become involved extra and will doubtlessly see them then go even additional within the sport.”
Simon Berrisford, EPSB CEO added: “I’m delighted to see the launch of our League Registration Programme, a key initiative which is able to kind a part of the EPSB’s subsequent stage of improvement as we strengthen the hyperlinks throughout all novice ranges of the game throughout the nation.
“We sit up for working and fascinating with league officers and introducing ourselves to the 1000’s of membership gamers, offering them with publicity, new alternatives and competitions transferring ahead.
“It’s an enormous step for us as an organisation, however it heralds an thrilling new period for novice snooker and billiards in England, for which everyone seems to be invited.”
Additional info might be added to our new League Snooker part over the next weeks.
Article by the EPSB.