HomeNBACeltics cap/roster reset and key offseason dates to watch
Celtics cap/roster reset and key offseason dates to watch
July 6, 2021
The Boston Celtics kicked off their offseason a few month early, after they swapped Kemba Walker and the #16 decide within the 2021 NBA Draft for Al Horford and Moses Brown. That transfer was truly made in the midst of a management shakeup that noticed Danny Ainge step down at President of Basketball Operations. Ainge was changed by Brad Stevens, which opened up the top coach place for the Celtics. After making the Horford-Walker commerce, Stevens employed Ime Udoka to switch him on the sidelines.
Whew! What a summer season!
Wait…the offseason hasn’t even actually began but!
With Udoka in place, Stevens can flip his eyes in the direction of rebuilding the Celtics roster as he sees match. Over a sequence of articles, we’ll take a look at the important thing choices Stevens is dealing with from which free brokers needs to be re-signed to the draft to free brokers and trades. The subjects we’ll cowl are:
· Cap/Roster Reset
· The large free brokers: Evan Fournier
· The opposite free brokers: Semi Ojeleye and Luke Kornet
· The Two-Means free brokers: Tacko Fall and Tremont Waters
· The non-guarantees: Jabari Parker and Moses Brown
· The Draft: Is Yam Madar this yr’s decide? And targets at #45
· The Exceptions: MLE, BAE and TPEs
· Trades: Who stays and who goes?
Let’s begin with a reset of who’s on the roster, their cap hits and a few key dates to look at!
Totally Assured Contracts – 11 gamers
· Jaylen Brown – $26,758,928
· Carsen Edwards – $1,782,621
· Al Horford – $27,000,000
· Romeo Langford – $3,804,360
· Aaron Nesmith – $3,631,200
· Payton Pritchard – $2,137,440
· Marcus Good – $14,339,285
· Jayson Tatum – $28,103,500 (will probably be finalized when cap is ready in early-August)