FILE– Serena Williams of the U.S. leaves courtroom as she retires from her first spherical match towards Belarus’ Aliaksandra Sasnovich after sustaining an harm at Wimbledon on June 29, 2021. REUTERS/Peter Nicholls
Serena Williams dropped out of the WTA prime 10 for the primary time in additional than two years when the brand new rankings had been launched on Monday.
The 39-year-old, who has spent 319 weeks at primary over the course of her glittering profession, dropped rankings factors at Wimbledon, the place she was a finalist on the final version, after she withdrew by means of harm from her first spherical match with Aliaksandra Sasnovich.
Her withdrawal sees Williams plummet eight locations to sixteenth on the planet, her lowest rating since early January 2019.
Simona Halep additionally tumbled to ninth after harm dominated her out of defending the Wimbledon title she gained in 2019, and the factors that went with that victory.
Ashleigh Barty, who gained the title for the primary time, elevated her lead on the prime of the rankings and is now practically 2,300 factors forward of the Japanese Naomi Osaki who skipped the London event.
Karolina Pliskova, the shedding finalist, moved from thirteenth to seventh place.
WTA rating as of July 12
- Ashleigh Barty (AUS) 9,635 pts
- Naomi Osaka (JPN) 7,336
- Aryna Sabalenka (BLR) 6,965 (+1)
- Sofia Kenin (USA) 5,640 (+2)
- Bianca Andreescu (CAN) 5,331 (+2)
- Elina Svitolina (UKR) 5,125 (-1)
- Karolína Pliskova (CZE) 4,975 (+6)
- Iga Swiatek (POL) 4,695 (+1)
- Simona Halep (ROM) 4,330 (-6)
- Garbine Muguruza (ESP) 4,165 (+2)
- Belinda Bencic (SUI) 4,085
- Petra Kvitova (CZE) 3,985 (-2)
- Barbora Krejcikova (CZE) 3,893 (+4)
- Victoria Azarenka (BLR) 3,845
- Jennifer Brady (USA) 3,830
- Serena Williams (USA) 3,641 (-8)
- Elise Mertens (BEL) 3,575 (-1)
- Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (RUS) 3,420 (+1)
- Maria Sakkari (GRE) 3,420 (-1)
- Elena Rybakina (KAZ) 3,258
Do not miss out on the newest information and data.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get entry to The Philippine Day by day Inquirer & different 70+ titles, share as much as 5 devices, hearken to the information, obtain as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Name 896 6000.
For suggestions, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.