Does Pearson’s damage potential take him off the commerce market?
Rick Dhaliwal: If the Vancouver Canucks are unable to achieve an extension with pending unrestricted free agent ahead Tanner Pearson, his lower-body damage he simply sustained might ‘muddy the waters’ with reference to any commerce. (he may very well be out for 4 weeks with a lower-body damage.)
A quiet commerce deadline?
John Rodenburgh: Ottawa Senators GM Pierre Dorion on TSN 1200 on the commerce deadline: “Will likely be a quiet commerce deadline. Will likely be a patrons market not a sellers market”
Notes on the highest 12 pending UFAs
Luke Fox of Sportsnet: Trying on the prime pending NHL unrestricted free brokers.
1. Alex Ovechkin – Washington Capitals – metaratings.ru reported that the Capitals a proposed three to 5 years at between $9.5 and $10 million.
2. Dougie Hamilton – Carolina Hurricanes – Hamilton will search for Alex Pietrangelo‘s $8.8 million AAV and the Canes will counter with Torey Krug‘s $6.5 million.
3. Philipp Grubauer – Colorado Avalanche – Grubauer having a Vezina-type yr.
4. Tyson Barrie – Edmonton Oilers – Discovered his groove in Edmonton and can be trying to money in.
5. Gabriel Landeskog – Colorado Avalanche – Would a five-year, $35 million deal work?
6. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins – Edmonton Oilers – Mark Spector thinks he may very well be searching for $8.5 million however the Oilers will seemingly be lower than that.
7. Taylor Corridor – Buffalo Sabres – Has struggled with everybody else in Buffalo this season.
8. Frederik Andersen – Toronto Maple Leafs – How he performs within the playoffs might decide if he’s again with the Leafs.
9. Zach Hyman – Toronto Maple Leafs – Would love to remain in Toronto. Might have to attend till after the growth draft.
10. Kyle Palmieri – New Jersey Devils – Extension talks have begun however a deadline commerce is a chance.
11. Tuukka Rask – Boston Bruins – Has mentioned he solely needs to play for the Bruins however might think about retirement.
12. Phillip Danault – Montreal Canadiens – Experiences have him rejecting a six-year, $30 million deal this offseason.