WWE NXT Outcomes – March 31, 2021
– The WWE NXT go-home episode for “Takeover: Stand and Ship” opens up on the USA Community with a video bundle for the matches at subsequent week’s large two-night occasion.
– We’re reside from the Capitol Wrestling Middle on the WWE Efficiency Middle in Orlando, Florida as Vic Joseph welcomes us. Followers chant “NXT!” and cheer. Vic is joined at ringside by Wade Barrett and WWE Corridor of Famer Beth Phoenix.
Roderick Sturdy vs. Cameron Grimes
We go proper to the ring and out first comes Roderick Sturdy as Alicia Taylor does the introductions. We see final week’s backstage phase that led to this match being made. This would be the first of a double shot for Sturdy and his opponent tonight as they can even compete within the 12-Man Battle Royal primary occasion. The music hits subsequent and out comes Cameron Grimes to a blended response.
Grimes takes the mic and continues to be inquisitive about buying the mental property of The Undisputed Period. He says he and Sturdy can maintain the title going to make a number of cash. He exhibits Sturdy a brand new Undisputed Period t-shirt he had made – Grimes The System. Followers boo. Grimes has a brand new entrance theme performed for Grimes The System however Sturdy has heard sufficient. He exits the ring and unloads on Grimes on the ramp. They create it all the way down to the ring and the referee requires the bell. Sturdy retains management and nails a Spinebuster.
Sturdy works Grimes across the ring till Grimes rocks him out of nowhere with a again elbow. Grimes grounds Sturdy with a entrance face-lock now. Sturdy rocks Grimes within the nook however Grimes turns it proper again round and takes it to the ropes because the referee counts. Grimes claws at Sturdy’s face. Grimes beats Sturdy down within the nook and talks some trash. Sturdy fights again and nails a giant chop to carry Grimes to his knees. Sturdy retains Grimes down and talks some trash. Grimes pulls Sturdy into the turnbuckles and he goes down. Grimes with a kick and a giant chop within the nook. Sturdy with a chop of his personal. Grimes grabs on the face once more and the referee warns him. Followers boo.
Sturdy with a dropkick in the midst of the ring. Sturdy clotheslines Grimes excessive rope to the ground. Sturdy runs the ropes and nails a dropkick by way of the ropes for a pop. Sturdy with extra chops on the ground because the referee counts. Sturdy beats Grimes down in opposition to the barrier. Sturdy is outwardly distracted by a member of the group, permitting Grimes to beat him down on the barrier. Grimes works Sturdy over on the ground and brings him again within the ring as we go to a picture-in-picture industrial.
Again from the break and Grimes has dominated by way of the break. Sturdy with a clothesline to mount some offense. Grimes shuts him down for a detailed 2 depend. Sturdy with extra of a comeback now. They commerce offense for extra forwards and backwards. Sturdy chops Grimes within the nook and takes him to the highest as followers rally. Sturdy climbs up for a superplex and he hits it for a giant pop. Sturdy covers however Grimes kicks out simply in time.
Sturdy runs from nook to nook with the massive strikes however Grimes meets him in mid-air with the massive crossbody collider for a detailed 2 depend. They rise up and Sturdy hits the Olympic Slam out of nowhere. Sturdy picks up an Undisputed Period armband from the mat and appears at it, distracting him. Grimes pulled this from his trunks and dropped it to distract Sturdy. Grimes takes benefit of Sturdy being distracted by the Undisputed Period emblem, permitting Grimes to ship the Cave In stomp for the pin to win.
Winner: Cameron Grimes
– After the match, followers boo as Grimes celebrates the win. We go to replays. A upset Sturdy makes his exit.
– The announcers ship us to a video on Karrion Kross coaching for NXT Champion Finn Balor at Takeover. He talks about going again to the fundamentals – catch wrestling, judo and extra, to care for Balor and win the NXT Title. Scarlett can also be there with Kross. They each hype up the match and ship a “Tick, Tock…’ warning to Balor. Again to industrial.
– Again from the break and we get a video bundle with NXT UK Champion WALTER chopping a promo on Tommaso Ciampa to hype their Takeover match. WALTER says Ciampa is only a shell of what he as soon as was, whereas WALTER’s dedication to this sport is un-reached. WALTER says he’s the one who respects this sport like nobody else, and he’s going t show that at Takeover. He’s going to show what it means when he says the mat is sacred.
– The announcers speak about NXT transferring to Tuesday nights on the USA Community, starting April 13. In addition they plug WrestleMania 37 on Peacock and the WWE Community.
– We return to the ring and Legado del Fantasma is out – NXT Cruiserweight Champion Santos Escobar, Raul Mendoza and Joaquin Wilde.
Escobar takes the mic and says he desires to challenge an open problem tonight. He desires to point out fellow NXT Cruiserweight Champion Jordan Devlin what he’s gotten into. Escobar says he was born a champion and that’s what makes he and Devlin totally different. He goes on and says he represents 100 years of Lucha Libre custom. Followers boo as Escobar goes on, saying the cruiserweight division will belong to him so long as he desires it to. Blood and custom says he’s the very best cruiserweight within the historical past of NXT. He speaks some in Spanish now however the music interrupts as Tyler Breeze makes his approach out.
Breeze takes the mic and says Escobar thinks the division is his as a result of he’s entitled, whereas Breeze has labored his ass off to get right here. Breeze goes on after which accepts the problem. Escobar will get prepared for the match as Breeze walks down the ramp.
NXT Cruiserweight Title Match: Tyler Breeze vs. Santos Escobar
The referee meets Tyler Breeze and NXT Cruiserweight Champion Santos Escobar in the midst of the ring as Joaquin Wilde and Raul Mendoza head to ringside.
The bell rings and Escobar strikes first with a kick. Escobar takes it to the nook and unloads, beating Breeze down as followers boo. Escobar talks some trash and retains stomping because the referee warns him. Escobar with a working basement dropkick within the nook. Breeze slides out of a maintain and nails a dropkick for a pop. Breeze stomps away within the nook now because the referee warns him. Wilde and Mendoza look on from ringside. Breeze retains management and retains Escobar down within the nook because the referee backs him off once more.
Breeze knocks Escobar to the ground now. Breeze brings it again in however Escobar ranges him and goes again to work on him. Escobar with a giant dropkick for a 2 depend. Breeze turns it round and wraps Escobar’s leg across the ring submit. Wilde prices however Breeze superkicks him at ringside. Breeze then takes out Mendoza, sending him into the ring submit. Escobar tries to take benefit by way of the ropes from the ring however Breeze rocks him from the ground. We go to industrial with Breeze in management, making his approach again into the ring to Escobar.
Again from the break and Escobar stays in management, engaged on the knees as followers boo. Escobar works Breeze over within the nook now because the referee counts and the boos get louder. Escobar backs off and delivers a giant excessive knee for one more pin try. Escobar finally ends up rolling Breeze right into a surfboard submission now. Extra forwards and backwards however Escobar retains management. Escobar slaps Breeze and talks some trash within the nook now.
Escobar with a giant chop and a few trash speaking. Breeze lastly mounts a comeback and nails a hurricanrana takedown, then mounts Escobar with proper arms. Breeze blocks a submission and goes to work on the leg and knee. Breeze retains going and hits a flying splash within the nook. Escobar turns it round however Breeze catches him with a Spinebuster. Breeze goes for the Sharpshooter in the midst of the ring and he locks it in.
Escobar lastly breaks the maintain however he’s hurting. Escobar blocks the Unprettier and nails a dropkick to the face. Escobar scoops Breeze for the Phantom Driver in the midst of the ring for the pin to retain.
Winner: Santos Escobar
– After the match, Wilde and Mendoza maintain Breeze for a triple crew however the music interrupts and out comes MSK to a pop. Wes Lee and Nash Carter rush the ring however Legado del Fantasma exits earlier than something occurs. The Grizzled Younger Veterans seem on the massive display screen. They knock MSK and Legado del Fantasma being distracted by any and every part whereas they’re laser centered and would be the subsequent NXT Tag Workforce Champions at Takeover once they win the vacant titles. They disappear on the display screen as MSK and Legado del Fantasma discuss trash from the ring and ramp.
– The Approach is backstage with McKenzie Mitchell. NXT North American Champion Johnny Gargano is upset about how his Takeover opponent can be decided, giving him quick discover to organize. He says NXT Common Supervisor William Regal is as soon as once more exhibiting how he’s unfit to run NXT. He turns to Austin Concept and asks him why he’s making an attempt to get within the title match. Concept brings up the notorious Finger Poke of Doom from WCW and Gargano says that killed the enterprise. Concept says the enterprise continues to be right here. Gargano adjustments his thoughts and is up for the thought now. Candice LeRae and Indi Hartwell hype their tag crew match tonight. LeRae says they’re going to point out Ember Moon and Shotzi Blackheart how champions do it.
– We get a short vignette that exhibits a small canine exterior of the WWE Efficiency Middle at totally different angles. The canine a Pomeranian and there could have been two of them. The announcers marvel what that is? We go to industrial.
– We see how Raquel Gonzalez laid out NXT Ladies’s Champion Io Shirai final week, and Shirai’s post-show feedback on how dominant Gonzalez is, saying that’s why she picked her for her subsequent title protection.
The Approach vs. Gigi Dolin and Zayda Ramier
We return to the ring and out comes The Approach – Indi Hartwell and Candice LeRae. Their opponents are already ready within the ring – Gigi Dolin and what feels like Zayda Ramier. This seems to be the previous AQA, who was skilled by WWE Corridor of Famer Booker T.
Hartwell begins off with Dolin they usually tangle. Dolin mounts some offense and delivers a giant kick. Hartwell dodges a working kick, then drops Dolin into the highest turnbuckle. Hartwell with a sidewalk slam for a detailed 2 depend. Hartwell decks Dolin after which tags in LeRae. Dolin crawls for a tag however Hartwell tags in and stops her Dolin lastly tags Ramier in.
Zayda runs wild on Hartwell and mounts offense. She nails a working clothesline within the nook and extra offense. Zayda drops Hartwell with an enziguri for a detailed 2 depend. Extra forwards and backwards now. Hartwell nails a Spinebuster. LeRae tags in and runs to knock Dolin off the apron. Zayda takes benefit and rolls LeRae for a 2 depend. LeRae with a superkick to the jaw. Hartwell tags again in as LeRae hits the Depraved Stepsister on Zayda. Hartwell follows up with the massive flying elbow drop for the pin to win.
Winners: The Approach
– After the match, LeRae and Hartwell stand tall as their music hits. We go to replays. LeRae takes the mic and cuts a promo on the ladies’s locker room. She then talks about NXT Ladies’s Tag Workforce Champions Ember Moon and Shotzi Blackheart, saying the titles are theirs and they’re going to take them at Takeover. The music interrupts and out comes the champs on Shotzi’s tank. They reduce promos of their very own and settle for the match for Takeover. Shotzi fires her projectile at The Approach after which they drive off within the tank because the music hits.
– We see Zoey Stark strolling backstage. We additionally see Raquel Gonzalez and Dakota Kai strolling. NXT Ladies’s Champion Io Shirai stops Gonzalez and assaults her. They begin brawling as officers attempt to break it up. Gonzalez slams Shirai face-first right into a manufacturing case. Officers again Gonzalez off and verify on Shirai.
– We get one other vignette of the canine. The canine enters the WWE Efficiency Middle and the Capitol Wrestling Middle now. Beth asks what’s with the canine? Again to industrial.
– Again from the break and McKenzie stops Roderick Sturdy within the again. He’s upset and is leaving the constructing. She asks concerning the Battle Royal however he doesn’t care, he’s leaving.
Zoey Stark vs. Raquel Gonzalez
We return to the ring and out comes Zoey Stark. Raquel Gonzalez is out subsequent with Dakota Kai.
Gonzalez strikes first and mounts some offense within the nook. Stark fights again and finally ends up taking her down with a hurricanrana. Stark retains management however will get despatched to the apron. She fights again in and dropkicks Gonzalez into the turnbuckles. Gonzalez catches Stark in mid-air and vegetation her face-first in the midst of the ring for a 2 depend.
Gonzalez talks some trash and retains Stark down. Gonzalez drops a sequence of elbows for one more 2 depend. Gonzalez grounds Stark now as followers rally. Stark lastly turns it round within the nook and delivers excessive knees to the jaw. Gonzalez prices however will get dropped excessive to the ground. Gonzalez catches Stark on her approach out and rams her to the submit nevertheless it’s countered. Kai runs over and assaults Stark however Stark fights again and drops her. They create it again within the ring and Stark unloads on Gonzalez.
Stark with a working knee strike to the jaw for one more shut 2 depend. Stark goes to the highest however Gonzalez cuts her off. Gonzalez overpowers from the nook however Stark fights her again off. Stark leaps off the highest with an excellent neckbreaker for a detailed 2 depend. Gonzalez goes on and hits the massive one-arm chokeslam for the pin to win.
Winner: Raquel Gonzalez
– After the match, Gonzalez stands tall as we go to replays. NXT Ladies’s Champion Io Shirai runs down for a giant pop and she or he unloads on Gonzalez, sending her to the ground. Officers are behind them making an attempt to interrupt it up. Shirai retains management till Gonzalez grabs her and launches her into a part of the set. Shirai lands onerous and officers verify on her. Gonzalez, clutching her neck, heads to the stage with Kai.
– Nonetheless to return, a Prime Goal preview for Adam Cole vs. Kyle O’Reilly.
– We get one other video of the canine working by way of the WWE Efficiency Middle. Again to industrial.
– McKenzie Mitchell is backstage with Kushida, speaking about tonight’s Battle Royal and potential Takeover title shot. He’s interrupted by Pete Dunne. They’ve phrases and face off to hype tonight’s primary occasion.
– We get a prolonged Prime Goal preview video for the Unsanctioned Match between Adam Cole and Kyle O’Reilly throughout Night time Two of the “Takeover: Stand and Ship” occasion. The complete Prime Goal video can be on the WWE Community tomorrow.
Kayden Carter and Kacy Catanzaro vs. Tian Sha
We return to the ring and out comes Kayden Carter and Kacy Catanzaro. Again to industrial.
Again from the break and the announcers hype NXT transferring to Tuesdays starting on April 13. In addition they plug Peacock and the WWE Community. We return to the ring as Carter and Catanzaro wait for his or her opponents. Out subsequent comes Tian Sha – Xia Li and Mei Ying with Boa. We see Ying sitting on her throne on the stage. Boa and Li are on either side. Boa and Li stroll all the way down to the underside of the ramp. Boa removes Li’s headdress and she or he does a fast efficiency with a sword. Li heads into the ring by herself and poses.
The bell rings and Kacy prices however Li takes her down. This was alleged to be a tag crew match however Li is within the ring by herself. Kacy jumps on her again and fights her however Li slams her proper to the mat. Carter tags in and dropkicks Li. Carter takes Li to the nook and kicks away. Li catches a kick however Carter rocks her. Kacy tags again in and unloads with strikes. Li takes them and in comes Carter for extra quick offense. She takes a lot of the photographs and blocks some.
Kacy with one other fast tag and a working clothesline to lastly drop Li. Kacy flips on her again for a 2 depend. Li rolls to the ground to regroup. Kacy follows however Li rams her again into the sting of the apron, then launches her into the barrier. Li brings Kacy again within the ring and goes for a suplex nevertheless it’s blocked for a small bundle. Li kicks out at 1. Kacy comes proper again with a giant twisted Lungblower sort transfer.
Kacy begins taunting Ying and Boa. She walks as much as Ying speaking trash however Ying grabs her by the throat as followers boo. Kayden begins gasping for air and eventually fades out as Ying blows some form of smoke in her face, then tosses her to the bottom because the boos proceed. Ying sits again down on her throne.
Again within the ring, Kacy kicks Li’s leg out however then runs right into a leaping knee to the jaw from Li. Li follows up with a giant kick for the pin to win.
Winner: Xia Li
– After the match, Li stands tall because the music hits and we go to replays. Li stands with Boa and Ying on the stage now. Kayden continues to be laid out at their toes.
– McKenzie Mitchell is backstage with Raquel Gonzalez now, asking about NXT Ladies’s Champion Io Shirai. Gonzalez goes to talk however Shirai assaults her once more they usually begin combating. Gonzalez grabs Shirai by her neck and launches her by way of a coated window, into the following room. Gonzalez yells at Shirai to remain down. Officers come are inclined to Shirai as followers boo within the enviornment.
– We see the canine working once more. This time it stops at a girl carrying boots however that’s all we will see. Writing seems on the display screen that claims somebody named “Franky” will see us quickly. She’s approaching April 13, which is the primary Tuesday present. Again to industrial.
– Again from the break and we get a promo for tomorrow’s NXT UK episode.
– Tommaso Ciampa is checking in with a pre-recorded promo. He warns NXT UK Champion WALTER and says the necklace he stomped final week was given to him by his spouse and child, however WALTER didn’t know that. He goes on about how he at all times hears individuals saying he’s modified, he’s not the identical he was. Ciampa says perhaps he has modified in some methods however then once more he hears all of his supporters, he sees them and feels them, and at Takeover, they’ve obtained to remind the world. He’s going to chase the dragon at Takeover, climb to the highest of his mountain, look him within the eye and chop his rattling head off. Ciampa will get loud now and goes on with the promo, with harsh phrases for WALTER. Ciampa goes on and says he’d quite be a person who actually fights for one thing than a person who fights for nothing to lose each day of the week and twice on Wednesday. If WALTER desires to know if Blackheart nonetheless lives, if the Psycho Killer nonetheless lives, then he’ll get his reply in 7 days and it’ll value him the title. Ciampa tells WALTER it’s a protracted, lengthy fall from the highest, so buckle up. He walks off.
– The announcers hype the “Takeover: Stand and Ship” card.
– NXT Champion Finn Balor checks in with a pre-recorded promo. He talks whereas we see him coaching on the WWE Efficiency Middle. Balor says he doesn’t fuel out and Karrion Kross could attempt to dictate the tempo of their match, however that’s high quality as a result of the longer it goes, the higher for him. Balor warns Kross that there can be no fairy story ending at Takeover as a result of he’ll go away nonetheless as champion.
11-Man Battle Royal to Decide Gauntlet Eliminator Contributors: Jake Atlas, Isaiah “Swerve” Scott, Leon Ruff, Austin Concept, Dexter Lumis, Tyler Rust, Kushida, Cameron Grimes, Pete Dunne, Bronson Reed, LA Knight
Vic and Barrett are within the ring now, going over the principles for tonight’s primary occasion. It’s now an 11-man match as Roderick Sturdy left the constructing. The ultimate 6 rivals will make it to the Takeover Night time One Gauntlet Eliminator match. Tonight’s order of elimination will decide their Gauntlet entries, and the winner of the Battle Royal will enter the Gauntlet Eliminator final. The winner of the Gauntlet Eliminator at Takeover Night time One will advance to Night time Two to problem NXT North American Champion Johnny Gargano.
Out first comes Isaiah “Swerve” Scott as followers boo. He’s attacked out of nowhere by Leon Ruff at ringside. They brawl and produce it int he ring. Ruff retains management and sends Swerve to the ground. Ruff runs and goes to leap out however Swerve retreats to the opposite facet of the announce desk. Ruff places the brakes on within the ring and stands tall as we go to industrial.
Again from the break and Pete Dunne is out. The ring is filled with everybody else. The bell rings and everybody goes at it as Dexter Lumis watches from the nook. Kushida works on Austin Concept. Tyler Rust and Jake Atlas go at it. Swerve and Dunn commerce photographs. Ruff and Swerve go at it now. Bronson Reed tries to dump Cameron Grimes. LA Knight beats on Kushida within the nook. Malcolm Bivens tries to assist Rust get rid of Atlas however will get caught. Swerve dropkicks Atlas and eliminates him.
Rust will get eradicated subsequent, apparently by Ruff as he additionally fought with Swerve. Lumis continues to be watching intensely from a nook. Swerve works on Knight now. Kushida has Grimes tied up within the backside rope. Dunne with a low dropkick to Ruff. Reed sends Concept out however he falls with out his toes touching the ground. He has a shiny concept and thinks he’s going to kip as much as get again to his toes to remain in match. Nevertheless, he kips as much as his toes and eliminates himself. Concept throws a match however the referee orders him to the again.
Reed knocks Kushida however he hangs on. Knight and Grimes double crew Reed now, sending him to the apron. Reed fights again from the apron. Kushida drops Reed on the apron. Knight assaults Kushida. Kushida double groups Knight and Grimes with elbows. Dunne takes out Swerve then Ruff. Dunne goes to work on Ruff’s fingers and limbs now. Kushida with a punt kick to Grimes.
Dunne and Kushida face off in the midst of the ring now. They unload with strikes and go at it. Lumis continues to be watching from the nook. Kushida and Dunne are eradicated concurrently Kushida tumbles them excessive rope to the ground with the Hoverboard Lock utilized. They yell at one another as officers attempt to break them up and get them to the again. We go to a picture-in-picture industrial.
Again from the break and the ultimate 6 going to Takeover are Reed, Grimes, Ruff, Swerve, Knight and Lumis. Lumis continues to be watching from a nook. Reed and Grimes go at it. Ruff and Swerve go at it. Knight talks some trash from the ring. The announcers reveal Kushida vs. Dunne for Night time Certainly one of Takeover. NXT Common Supervisor William Regal made the match and mentioned he desires to see a technical masterpiece.
Gargano has joined the announcers for commentary. Knight works over Reed within the nook. Swerve and Ruff maintain combating on the ropes and the apron. Lumis continues to face guard in a nook. Reed eliminates Ruff, that means he can be within the Gauntlet at #1. Reed then eliminates Swerve, that means he’ll go into the Gauntlet at #2.
Knight assaults Reed and works him over to some boos. Grimes joins in however Reed fights them off. Reed sends Knight to the apron. Knight launches himself in however Reed catches him in mid-air. They tangle. Grimes and Knight attempt to dump Grimes now. Lumis comes over and interferes of their assault, dumping Reed himself. Reed will enter the Gauntlet at #3.
It’s all the way down to Knight, Lumis and Grimes now. Followers chant for Lumis. Grimes brings out a bunch of cash and tries to purchase them off to get rid of themselves. Grimes is decked, sending the cash flying, they usually each toss him excessive rope to get rid of him. Grimes will enter the Gauntlet at #4 at Takeover. Knight and Lumis face off in the midst of the ring now. Followers chant for Lumis. Knight approaches however Lumis uppercuts him and goes to work. Lumis with an enormous again physique drop for a pop.
Lumis tries to toss Knight however he hangs on, then sends Lumis to the apron. Lumis hangs on and retains combating. Lumis tries for a suplex to the ground however Knight blocks it and drops him. Knight prices however Lumis pulls the rope down, sending Knight by way of the ropes to the ground, however not excessive rope for an elimination. Knight then instantly follows up and pulls Lumis from the apron to the ground to get the ultimate elimination for the win. Lumis will enter the Gauntlet final at Takeover.
Winner: LA Knight
– After the match, Knight stands tall as his music hits. He goes proper to Gargano and taunts him. They’ve phrases over the NXT North American Title because the announcers hype the Gauntlet for Takeover.
– The music of NXT Ladies’s Champion Io Shirai out of the blue hits and out she involves a pop. Shirai is fired up. She takes a mic and yells in Japanese. She drops the mic and right here comes Raquel Gonzalez with referees making an attempt to carry her again. Shirai meets her at ringside they usually begin brawling.
Referees attempt to maintain them aside as do the opposite feminine NXT Superstars from the locker room. Shirai goes into the ring with different ladies holding her again. Gonzalez fights free from these holding her again at ringside, and goes to the apron to assault. Shirai finally ends up dropkicking her off the apron. Shirai goes to the highest and leaps to the ground with a giant splash, taking down Gonzalez and a giant group of ladies.
Shirai yells out and will get fired up at ringside as a “NXT!” chant breaks out. Shirai continues celebrating as her music hits and the announcers hype Gonzalez vs. Shirai as the principle occasion of Night time Certainly one of Takeover. We go to replays. The NXT go-home present for “Takeover: Stand and Ship” goes off the air with Shirai standing over Gonzalez and yelling out.