Staff information, stats and prediction forward of Man Utd vs Brighton within the Premier League on Sunday (kick-off 7.30pm).
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he’ll proceed to cut and alter goalkeepers for the remainder of the season as David de Gea and Dean Henderson battle to be Manchester United’s primary.
Henderson has been primarily used as cup goalkeeper since returning to the membership in the summertime however began the final six matches after De Gea returned to Spain for the beginning of his first baby.
The long-serving primary final performed on February 28 and Solskjaer refused to substantiate his starter in opposition to Brighton.
When it comes to accidents, Anthony Martial could also be out in opposition to Brighton with a reported knee challenge picked up on France responsibility, whereas Marcus Rashford and Mason Greenwood pulled out of the England senior and U21 squads respectively.
Victor Lindelof additionally missed coaching on Friday with an ongoing again challenge that wants assessing earlier than dealing with Brighton, when Paul Pogba is in line to make his first league look in two months.
Aaron Connolly has skilled with Brighton after being substituted taking part in for the Republic of Eire final week in opposition to Serbia. The 21-year-old may characteristic within the squad in opposition to Manchester United.
Adam Webster will miss out on the journey to Previous Trafford as he continues his restoration from an ankle harm, with Tariq Lamptey and Solly March lacking for the rest of the season. Percy Tau can be quarantining after that includes for South Africa through the worldwide break.
The best way to observe
Observe Man Utd vs Brighton in our devoted dwell match weblog. Highlights can even be revealed on the Sky Sports activities digital platforms and the Sky Sports activities Soccer YouTube channel shortly after the ultimate whistle.
Jones Is aware of prediction
This fixture will not be one Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is relishing. Brighton are a harmful workforce. The unpredictability issue is difficult to organize for.
Nonetheless, Graham Potter’s workforce aren’t one to belief at getting the job completed.
As a substitute of taking the odds-on quotes for a house win, my recommendation could be to probability your arm with United to win by one aim within the profitable margin market. This weekend may show to be a problematic one for managers who’ve had numerous gamers away taking part in worldwide soccer, some may have performed three video games in six days. That brings ahead the opportunity of workmanlike performances from groups reminiscent of United, who do have a behavior of settling for a one-goal margin of victory as seen of their earlier two wins over West Ham and AC Milan.
JONES KNOWS PREDICTS: 2-1
BETTING ANGLE: Manchester United to win by one aim (5/2 with Sky Wager)
Final day out…
- Manchester United have gained every of their final 5 conferences with Brighton in all competitions, netting precisely three objectives in every of the final 4.
- Brighton have by no means gained away in opposition to Manchester United in 12 earlier visits (D2 L10), shedding every of their final six video games at Previous Trafford in opposition to the Purple Devils.
- 23 per cent of the objectives scored in Premier League conferences between Manchester United and Brighton have been from the penalty spot (5/22) – no fixture has seen a better ratio scored from the spot within the competitors (minimal 20 objectives scored).
- Manchester United wish to maintain 5 consecutive Premier League clear sheets for the primary time since August 2017 underneath Jose Mourinho.
- Brighton wish to win three consecutive Premier League video games for the primary time since October 2018.
- Brighton have gained three of their final 5 Premier League away video games (D1 L1), having gained simply two of their first 9 on the highway this season (D3 L4). The Seagulls may turn out to be the primary workforce to win away at each Liverpool and Manchester United in the identical Premier League season since Aston Villa and Chelsea did so in 2009-10.
- Solely Manchester Metropolis (70) and Chelsea (82) have confronted fewer pictures on course than Brighton within the Premier League this season (92). Nonetheless, the Seagulls have conceded 39.1 per cent of those pictures on course (36 objectives conceded), with solely Southampton delivery a better share this time period (39.2 per cent – 51/130).
- In his two Premier League appearances in opposition to Brighton, Bruno Fernandes has been concerned in 4 of Manchester United’s six objectives in opposition to the Seagulls (three objectives, one help), netting a late winner within the reverse fixture on the Amex Stadium.
- Brighton’s Danny Welbeck has scored two Premier League objectives in opposition to former aspect Manchester United, each with Arsenal. No participant to have beforehand performed for the Purple Devils within the competitors has scored as many as three in opposition to them after leaving, whereas Welbeck may very well be the fourth former participant to attain in opposition to them with two totally different golf equipment after Keith Gillespie (Blackburn and Sheffield United, Paul Ince (Liverpool and Middlesbrough) and Fraizer Campbell (Sunderland and Cardiff).
- Man Utd’s Bruno Fernandes has scored seven profitable objectives within the Premier League this season, greater than every other participant. The final Man Utd participant to attain extra in a single season was Wayne Rooney in 2011-12 (9).
Pitch to Publish Preview: Jamie Redknapp on Arsenal vs Liverpool; Plus how do Man Metropolis exchange Aguero? And crunch time for Newcastle
On this week’s Pitch to Publish Preview Podcast Sky Sports activities pundit Jamie Redknapp joins Peter Smith to stay up for Saturday’s huge conflict between Arsenal and Liverpool. May Jurgen Klopp’s aspect flip a irritating season into a wonderful one with a late top-four push and Champions League cost? Redknapp assesses their probabilities – and explains the place they must strengthen on this summer season’s switch window.
We additionally hear from Sky Sports activities Information’ Man Metropolis reporter Ben Ransom on life after Sergio Aguero on the Etihad Stadium and who Pep Guardiola and his recruitment workforce will goal to switch the enduring Argentina ace.
Plus Sky Sports activities options author Adam Bate examines Newcastle’s conflict with Tottenham – two groups with tons nonetheless to play for throughout this run-in, and two managers who want a robust end to the marketing campaign.
Subscribe to the Pitch to Publish Podcast on Apple | Spotify | Castbox | Spreaker