One of the best boxers on the earth aren’t very lively.
Of the 20 fighters on the Boxing Junkie pound-for-pound listing — the High 15 and 5 Honorable Mentions — solely two have fights which are definitively scheduled.
No. 2 Canelo Alvarez is about to face Billy Joe Saunders in a 168-pound title-unification bout on Might 8 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, and Honorable Point out Josh Taylor will meet Jose Ramirez on Might 22 in Las Vegas.
Additionally, No. 3 Naoya Inoue is scheduled to defend his bantamweight title in opposition to Filipino Michael Dasmarinas on June 19, in keeping with one report. The occasion hasn’t been formally introduced.
In any other case, a handful of these on the listing are in severe talks with potential opponents whereas the remaining don’t have anything occurring.
One wonders how the powers that be within the sport preserve followers .
Right here is the place the pound-for-pounders stand.
- Terence Crawford — No combat scheduled.
- Canelo Alvarez – Scheduled to face Billy Joe Saunders in a title-unification combat on Might 8.
- Naoya Inoue — Reportedly scheduled to combat Michael Dasmarinas on June 19.
- Errol Spence Jr. – Reportedly in talks to face Yordenis Ugas in a 147-pound title-unification bout.
- Oleksandr Usyokay – Reportedly in talks to face Joe Joyce for the WBO “interim” heavyweight title.
- Teofimo Lopez — No combat scheduled.
- Vasiliy Lomachenko — Reportedly in talks to face Masayoshi Nakatani this summer time.
- Tyson Fury – In talks to face Anthony Joshua in a heavyweight title-unification bout.
- Gennadiy Golovkin — No combat scheduled.
- Juan Francisco Estrada — The WBC introduced that Estrada will meet Roman Gonzalez in a 3rd combat as a part of a junior bantamweight match however nothing is official.
- Mikey Garcia — No combat scheduled.
- Artur Beterbiev — No combat scheduled.
- Manny Pacquiao — No combat scheduled
- Jermell Charlo — No combat scheduled.
- Gervonta Davis — No combat scheduled.
Honorable point out (alphabetical order): Mairis Briedis (no combat scheduled), Jermall Charlo (no combat scheduled), Srisaket Sor Rungvisai (The WBC introduced that Sor Rungvisai will meet Carlos Cuadras as a part of a junior bantamweight match however nothing is official), Josh Taylor (scheduled to combat Jose Ramirez on Might 22) and Oscar Valdez (no combat scheduled).