Caeleb Dressel’s 20.16 scm 50 free WR gave him now each brief course information within the occasions (SCY and SCM). Mr. Dressel broke Manaudou’s WR final 12 months and he was in a position to re-break the document on November twenty first 2020 within the ISL bubble.
For individuals who haven’t adopted one among our analyses, these analyses are for enjoyable and to spark debate. There are some inherent flaws on this race evaluation:
- Movies are taken from YouTube movies (typically with subpar angles)
- There are analyzed with Kinovea
Watch 50 Free WR – 20.16 SCM Caeleb Dressel
50 Free WR Report Evaluation
First 25 Meters
First 15 meters
Though profitable on the beginning, this isn’t Caeleb’s greatest begin. He take 6 dolphin kicks and breaks out at 3.96 seconds. His time from 0-15 m is 5.0 s, which is 0.23 seconds slower than his 0-15 m when he went his unbelievable 17.63.
Visually, it seems his toes weren’t collectively upon his entry, seemingly creating extra drag upon entry.
15 Meters – 25 Meters
Into the wall, Caeleb went 4.62 seconds over these 10 meters. This places him at 1.86 m/s. He took 9 strokes over these 10 meters.
First 25 Yards Evaluation
A primary 25 time of 9.62 seconds put him in first. Nevertheless, his subpar begin (for him). He had a velocity of two.38 m/s, which is 0.32 m/s slower than his 50 yards time. Clearly, we all know this to be slower, as meters is longer and his velocity decreases over distance.
Second 25 Yards
25 Yards – 40 Yards
Dressel had a superb flip, utilizing 6 dolphin kicks off the wall to breakout at 3.78 seconds. His time to 15-m was 5.64 seconds, which was 0.06 seconds sooner than his SCY document. He took 4 strokes to 15-m, which equals his stroke rely within the SCY race.
40 Yards – 50 Yards
Into the end, Dressel closes in 4.90 seconds and at a velocity of 1.75 m/s. He took 10 strokes into the end.
Second 25 Yards Evaluation
His second 25 time, 10.54 seconds. He lined the size in 14 complete strokes, with a distance per stroke into the wall of 1.0 meters/stroke.
50 SCM Free World Report Evaluation
Each WR is outstanding. Nevertheless, many swim followers (I additionally consider Caeleb) have been let down with this race. Theoretically, he can break 20 seconds within the 50 SCM free, by merely having a greater begin (that he has completed earlier than). Clearly, Dressel has the perfect begin within the World, however this was not his greatest begin, it did suck for him.
Replicating his SCY NCAA document begin would drop his time by 0.23 and put him at a blistering 19.93!
Theoretical Enhancements for Caeleb
Time for some enjoyable, how can Caeleb enhance his 50 free World Report Report different than simply swimming his greatest race (ie nailing his begin).
Effectively, there isn’t as a lot to investigate within the 50 free, however there are just a few elements for Caeleb to enhance.
- Extra Underwater: This is similar level I made in 2018 after his SCY. I personally really feel off Caeleb’s flip he might do 1-2 extra dolphin kicks and preserve his flip velocity additional. It could additionally cut back the second level.
- Vertical Motion at Finish of Race (Bouncing): For the final 5-meters, he begins to bounce in his stroke. That is seemingly as a result of fatigue. If he was in a position to cut back his stroke rely by taking extra dolphin kicks off the flip, it might cut back this pointless motion.
- Flip: He had a slight pause earlier than the flip (the slightest), he wasn’t impaired a lot on that hesitation, however this could possibly be an avenue for enchancment.
- Proper Hand Entry: As he talked about in his 50 free dissect, his proper hand continues to be coming into an excessive amount of in entrance of his head. It’s onerous to see this throughout this video, however there are glimpses of this. This may end in a slight outsweep after entry, which can waste vitality and time.
With these slight enhancements, I might see Caeleb going 19.75 in a brand new 50 free WR subsequent 12 months of the ISL.