On Friday evening, former Bellator gentle heavyweight champion Phil Davis has an opportunity to regain the title when he faces off with present champ Vadim Nemkov in the principle occasion of Bellator 257 from Mohegan Solar Area in Uncasville, Connecticut. The battle will not be just for the championship, but additionally a primary spherical battle within the Mild Heavyweight World Grand Prix.
Nemkov defeated Davis by break up resolution of their first assembly at Bellator 209 in November 2018. Two fights later, Nemkov knocked out Ryan Bader to win the championship. Davis, who misplaced the title to Bader in June 2017, has gone on a three-fight successful streak because the loss within the first bout with Nemkov.
The winner of the co-main occasion between Corey Anderson and Dovletdzhan Yagshimuradov may also advance within the event, transferring on to face Bader within the semifinals. Bader took a large resolution over Lyoto Machida in his opening spherical battle this previous Friday.
CBS Sports activities shall be with you all through the night for the newest updates, highlights and outcomes from the Mohegan Solar Area in Uncasville, Connecticut with our reside weblog under. Keep tuned for updates all evening lengthy.
Bellator 257 card, outcomes
- Vadim Nemkov (c) vs. Phil Davis, gentle heavyweight title
- Corey Anderson vs. Dovletdzhan Yagshimuradov, gentle heavyweight
- Veta Arteaga vs. Desiree Yanez, girls’s flyweight
- Paul Daley vs. Sabah Homasi, 175-pound catchweight
- Julius Anglickas vs. Gregory Milliard, gentle heavyweight
- Julia Budd vs. Dayana Silva, girls’s featherweight
- Steve Mowry vs. Shaun Asher, heavyweight
- Demarques Jackson vs. Grachik Bozinyan, welterweight
- Raymond Daniels vs. Peter Stanonik, welterweight
- Lance Gibson Jr. vs. Marcus Surin, light-weight
- Karl Albrektsson def. Viktor Nemkov through unanimous resolution (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Mads Burnell def. Saul Rogers through second-round submission (rear-naked choke)
- Jay-Jay Wilson def. Pedro Carvalho through second-round TKO (punches)