HomeNBAInformation and notes from Archie Miller’s radio present
Information and notes from Archie Miller’s radio present
March 9, 2021
“Inside IU Basketball with Archie Miller” returned Monday night time with play-by-play announcer Don Fischer. On the ultimate episode of the season, Miller recapped Indiana’s loss to rival Purdue and previewed this week’s Huge Ten Event.
• Miller opens by saying that the video games in opposition to Purdue and Michigan State have been each “hard-fought.” He mentioned he felt like his crew performed “as powerful as we may” and was “organized” on protection.
• Miller mentioned he feels just like the crew has misplaced all confidence offensively. “We’re capturing the ball hoping we will get a pair to go in,” Miller mentioned. He emphasised what number of actually “beauty” Indiana had in opposition to Purdue, particularly within the first half.
• Miller mentioned he hopes to construct his crew’s confidence over the following 4 days. He mentioned he is aware of Indiana must make pictures in opposition to Rutgers due to their physicality within the paint.
• Miller was content material with the variety of turnovers in opposition to Purdue, however mentioned the Hoosiers weren’t “flawless.” There weren’t any turnovers, Miller mentioned, that “broke the sport open.” On protection, Miller mentioned Indiana didn’t breakdown like they’d a couple of weeks in the past.
• Within the first matchup in opposition to Purdue, Miller mentioned he felt like Indiana’s protection was simply unfold out. On Saturday, although, he felt just like the crew’s protection was “ok to win the sport. We did a significantly better job on Trevion Williams,” Miller mentioned, however “Zach Edey is an issue. He acquired us fairly good.”
• Miller mentioned he was proud of how Indiana got here out of the gate within the second half. He mentioned everybody had an excellent “angle ” and “spirit” within the huddles.
• Relating to the technical foul on Indiana’s bench within the second half, Miller mentioned it was “utterly uncalled for” and may “actually mess up the rhythm of the sport.” He mentioned he needs there was a warning given first. “You must management what you’ll be able to management, so we now have to do a greater job on our finish,” Miller mentioned.
• General this season, Miller known as it “quite a lot of trial and error” in coping with the COVID protocols. All through the season, Miller mentioned Indiana did an amazing job of bouncing again after losses. Within the final couple of weeks, although, Miller felt his crew misplaced confidence and “doesn’t imagine in itself because it a lot earlier within the yr.”
• Miller mentioned that the coaches didn’t actually take a look at event projections and have been solely centered on serving to the crew enhance. All through the five-game dropping streak, Miller mentioned there have been “zero angle issues.” He mentioned all eight guys that practiced right now got here with an amazing angle.
• Miller mentioned it’s been tough to see his crew have such a resilient angle however fail to have a breakthrough within the win column. “You need your crew to see these rewards,” Miller mentioned. He added that Indiana hasn’t been capable of “seize alternatives.”
• Miller mentioned that Armaan Franklin’s harm “modified the dynamic of our depth” and known as Franklin one of the priceless gamers on either side of the ground. Franklin has been getting pictures up in apply however not been going full-speed. It’s nonetheless unsure whether or not he’ll play Thursday in opposition to Rutgers.
• On Race Thompson, Miller mentioned: “he’s snake-bitten these final two weeks” and “hasn’t been the identical.” Miller confirmed that Thompson rolled his ankle within the second half of the Purdue recreation and tried to play, however couldn’t bounce. He mentioned Thompson was “day-to-day” going into Thursday.
• Miller emphasised how good the league has been this season. He mentioned the distinction between this season and final is that the groups on the prime of the Huge Ten are even higher. He named the likes of Michigan, Illinois, Ohio State and Iowa.
• Miller known as the Huge Ten Event “an unbelievable alternative,” saying that he “may see anybody beating anybody on a given night time… It couldn’t arrange any higher for a crew that has to do some bit of labor.”
• Speaking about Lucas Oil Stadium, Miller mentioned he may see some groups battle to shoot the ball. “Taking part in in Indianapolis offers us a bonus with the journey,” Miller mentioned. He reminisced in regards to the first faculty video games performed at Lucas Oil Stadium again in 2008. Indiana performed Gonzaga and Ohio State performed Notre Dame. Miller was an assistant coach at Ohio State that season. He known as being in Lucas Oil a “distinctive” feeling and one of many “nicest sporting services” on this planet.
• Miller emphasised the significance of getting the offense rolling in opposition to Rutgers. Within the final two matchups, he mentioned Indiana struggled to attain and deal with Rutgers’ strain. On protection, he mentioned the important thing shall be staying in entrance of Rutgers’ guards. Lastly, he mentioned he looks like Indiana is at its greatest once they have a couple of days to “take in” the gameplan, as they heading into Thursday.