Fortnite is understood for being a third-person shooter recreation, however there are extra than simply weapons in it. The battle royale title has throwables, explosives, traps, and even melee weapons. Melee weapons aren’t widespread, however they’re part of the sport and have been for fairly a while.
Melee weapons are vital proper now as a result of there are presently two questline challenges that contain a melee weapon. Dire is the newest NPC to hit the island, and his Fortnite challenges are:
- Emote on the Climate Station, Fort Crumpet, or Lockie’s Lighthouse (0/1) – 30,000 XP
- Harm wildlife with a melee weapon (0/40) – 30,000 XP
- Destroy a dumpster at Lazy Lake or Nice Park (0/1) – 30,000 XP
- Get rid of Dice Monsters in The Sideways with a melee weapon (0/5) – 30,000 XP
- Journey on foot in Misty Meadows (0/200) – 30,000 XP
Which means Fortnite gamers will want melee weapons, so what qualifies as a melee weapon in Chapter 2 Season 8?
All melee weapons in Fortnite
At present, there is just one melee weapon within the recreation, and that is the pickaxe. Luckily for gamers making an attempt to finish this problem, a pickaxe is all all of them want. It does not must be present in a chest or purchased off one other NPC. All Fortnite gamers are inherently geared up with it and may full each of these challenges.
They are going to merely want to search out wildlife, whether or not that is raptors, boars, wolves, or birds, and hit them twice with a Fortnite pickaxe. Then they will want to search out the Sideways, whether or not by an anomaly or the primary portal, and kill 5 dice monsters with their pickaxe. The smaller dice monsters are the best, and it will not take lengthy to kill 5. Avoiding the poison gasoline monsters is extremely really useful.
Whereas there’s solely a pickaxe out there now, there have been loads of different melee weapons within the recreation’s historical past.
- Infinity Blade (Mythic)
- Lightsabers (Mythic)
- Kingsman (Legendary)
- Wolverine’s Claws (Mythic)
- She-Hulk’s Fists (Mythic)
- Amban Sniper Rifle (Mythic)
- Predator Claw, unobtainable (Legendary)
These Fortnite melee weapons are all presently vaulted and won’t be out there anytime quickly, although extra could also be in improvement.